Good posture is an easy and very important way to maintain a healthy mind and body.When you practice correct posture, your body is in alignment with itself. Proper posture can help with common problems such as back or neck pain, headaches, and fatigue.
- Prevents backache and muscular pain.
- Lowers the pain the shoulders, neck and back.
- Improves breathing and hormonal balance.
- Contributes to a good appearance.
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
- Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis.
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
- Prevents strain or overuse problems.
- Lowers the risk of poor blood circulation, tightness in the chest, and back pain.
Fortunately, the posture can be improved in a simple way. All you need to do is the Locust Pose, or also known as laying extension.The locust pose will increases flexibility and strength of the entire back, shoulders and arms. Moreover, it will tone the nerves and muscles, massage the abdominal organs, and improve digestion.
- Lie on your stomach with your face down, and your forehead touching the floor.
- Extend both legs and spread them hip-width apart. Distribute your weight equally on the tops of your feet.
- Slowly lift your upper body with your head up. Lift as high as you feel comfortable.
- Breathe in and raise your head up, looking ahead. Lift your hands and fingers as you breathe out. Make sure your hands are close to your body with palms faced downwards.
- Lift your legs up using your thigh muscles. Your weight needs to rely on the pelvis, abdomen, and lower ribs.
- Remain in this position from 10 to 60 seconds, and do the exercise 5-10 times.
Important: Always consult your doctor before this or any other similar exercise in case you suffer from back pain!
Watch the video below to see how to do this exercise in more details.