There are so many different kinds of medicines that you can buy for sinus infections, but many of them don’t completely cure the sinus infection. To prevent and treat sinus infections correctly you can easily use this apple cider vinegar home remedy.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Really Treat Sinus Infection
Before going straight to the remedy let us explain the main properties that apple cider vinegar contain that will treat your sinus infection.
Clears up the Sinus Cavities: Apple Cider Vinegar contains a lot of vitamins like Vitamin E, A, B1, B2, calcium and magnesium, which help to clean up the sinus cavities and treat the symptoms of sinus infection.
Thins the Mucous: Apple cider vinegar also thins out mucous, that clogs up the sinus cavity making you feel horrible. Apple cider vinegar has a high pH level that will break down the mucus and allowing you to breathe. This will make you feel a lot better.
Prevents Bacteria Growth: The acidic content of apple cider vinegar checks the bacteria from growing further, thus its use prevents the infection to become more severe.
Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties: Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial and anti fungal properties that will fight off all the bacteria that caused the infection to occur and it will also prevent future infections.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Sinus Infection
There are various ways you can prepare the apple cider vinegar remedies for sinus infection. You can prepare the remedies by taking only apple cider vinegar and water as well as mixing it with some other ingredients to make the remedies work more effectively to treat sinus infection.
Let’s learn to prepare the apple cider vinegar remedies to get rid of the painful and irritating sinus infection!
- Direct Consumption of Apple Cider Vinegar
Out of all the remedies, this has to be the easiest but most effective ways to stop a sinus infection quickly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Consume 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day to cure sinus infections.
- By consuming it daily it won’t just stop the sinus infection it will also prevent it from happening in the future.
Note: If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, then avoid taking apple cider vinegar orally as it may harm your baby.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
This is also an effective way to cure your sinus infection. When you consume this often you stop your sinus infection in no time.
- Organic Raw ACV – 2 tbsp
- Water – 8 ounces
- Mix together 8 oz. of water with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir and drink it right after.
- Consume this drink often to prevent future sinus infections.
- Another way you can do this is by ¼ cup of vinegar to 16 oz of water and drink throughout your day.
- Note: You can also use this ACV mix to gargle to get relief from pain in the throat area.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Steam
Apple cider vinegar steam method provides a lot of relief to the person who is suffering from sinus infection by clearing the nasal passage. And at the same time, the antibacterial and antifungal properties of apple cider vinegar will also kill the infection-causing bacteria in the sinus cavities. This method provides a safe, natural and effective cure for sinus infection.
- Water – ½ cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ½ cup
- A Towel
- A Saucepan
- Take apple cider vinegar and water in a saucepan and stir properly.
- Heat the mixture on the stove for few minutes.
- Drape a towel over your neck and head.
- Keep the face over the steaming pan and breathe the steam.
- Follow this method many times a day for few days to completely cure sinus infection and its associated symptoms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Drink
When you mix together honey and apple cider vinegar, the properties that come out of this are amazing and will cure your sinus infection.
Honey contains an antibacterial property that will fight off bacteria and cure sinus infection. It reduces irritation n your throat. These anti inflammatory properties will lower the amount of inflammation in the throat as well. It will also boost your immune system and prevent future infections.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Warm Water – 8oz
- Add the 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and the 1 tbsp of honey to a glass of warm water.
- Stir very well and make sure the honey has completely dissolved.
- Use this when you need to get rid of pain from sinus infections.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Decongestant
This decongestant will work effectively to treat the sinusitis by clearing the extra mucus from the chest. Apart from that it will also treat other sinusitis symptoms like breathing problem. To prepare this decongestant, along with apple cider vinegar we also need some other ingredients like cayenne pepper, honey, lemon juice and ginger.
Cayenne pepper contains an active component called capsaicin, which helps to clear the nasal congestion that occurs due to sinus infection. It also reduces the inflammation that narrows the nasal passage.
Loaded with antibacterial properties, honey kills the bacteria that cause sinus infection. So its use not only treats sinus infection but also controls it to become severe.
Containing a lot of immune boosting antioxidant called Vitamin C, lemon juice can help you fight the sinus infection in a better way.
Ginger contains many antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties like zingiberene, gingerol, and shogoal, which altogether work to treat sinus infection.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ¼ cup
- Cayenne Pepper – ½ tsp
- Powdered Ginger – ½ tsp
- Organic Honey – 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – ¼ cup
- In a pot, take the apple cider vinegar and the lemon juice, and mix thoroughly.
- Now simmer this mixture in a low flame for few seconds
- Add the honey, cayenne pepper and powdered ginger to the mixture, and stir well to mix all the ingredients properly.
- Store this mixture in a jar and keep in a dark cool place.
- Whenever you get affected by sinus infection, take 1 to 2 tbsp of this mixture to get immediate relief from it.
Note: You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder to it to make it more effective as turmeric is loaded with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
6.Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
This remedy will clean out your sinus cavity allowing you to breath by taking out all the mucus that’s clogging this area. The antifungal, antibacterial and anti inflammation properties in apple cider vinegar will loosen the mucus and treat it for future infections.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Mix together the apple cider vinegar with the water.
- Put about 1 tbsp of this mixture and put it into your palm.
- Pushing on one nostril with your finger, with the other nostril suck up the mixture.
- Place your head back so the mixture can go to the back of your nose and to your throat. You may swallow the solution or you can spit it out.
- Do the same with the other nostril.
- Do this method two times a day to get the best results until its gone.
Note: Always use raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar as it contains the nutrient called “mother” for preparing all these ACV home remedies for sinus infection.
Tips to Follow
You can use any of these remedies to cure your sinus infection and the symptoms that come with this infection, including coughing sneezing, sore throat, fatigue but the way to completely prevent this from happening again is by the method below.
- Drink enough water so you are hydrated this will clean out the bacteria’s and fugal build up in your sinus cavity. It will also break down the mucous.
- Consume foods that contain Vitamin A to make your immune system stronger.
- Lower the amount of alcohol that you drink, as it will swell your nasal passage and mucus membranes.
- Make sure your noise sty moist with a saline spray.
- Make sure to get enough sleep at night to get a full recovery.
- Take warm compress throughout the day. Place a warm washcloth on your face covering your nose and eyes. It will thin out the mucous and clear nasal congestion. It will also lessen the pain, headache and facial soreness that are caused due to sinus infection.
- Drink as little caffeinated drinks as possible because they will dehydrate you.
- Avoid consuming chilled foods or drinks.
- Avoid dairy products as they cause phlegm.
Use these effective home remedies to get rid of sinus infection for sure. But after using all these apple cider vinegar home remedies, if your condition does not improve then it is advisable to consult a doctor. Also if you are under medication or pregnant or breast feeding, then always consult a doctor before using these apple cider vinegar remedies for sinus infection.
Share us your thoughts and comments below. Thank you so much for dropping by and reading this blog post. For more posts about health, don’t hesitate and feel free to visit our website more often and please share this to your friends.